Spring Rowing Season
Shaker Crew members and parents can use our secure online registration system which allows families to complete registration for sessions, update email address information or volunteer 24/7 from any internet-connected computer.
REGISTRATION FOR Spring training is now open!
Who do I contact for help with Login and Registration?
- What forms does each rower need to fill out?
What is the Spring Training Season?
- During the Spring month(s) when we cannot be on the water, training is held at Shaker high school, Monday - Friday from 4:00 - 6:00, to continue to develop stronger and faster athletes. Our coaches develop work out plans including strength training, core development, endurance training and erg workouts. Rowers should be dressed to work out and meet in the Taft Cafeteria each day at 4:00.
- Around the the beginning of April, practice will be held at the Corning Preserve Boat Launch, Tuesday - Friday, 4:00 - 6:30 (bus transportation provided only to the Corning Preserve) and Saturday mornings from 9:00 - 11:30.
When are the regattas?
Tentative schedule is as follows:
- April 22: Newburgh @ Albany
- April 29: Us @ Newburgh w/ others
- May 4: Mods Scrimmage (Home)
- May 12-13: High School States
- May 18: Stotesbury @Philly (HS Only)
- June 1 or 2: Mods champs @Schuylerville
- June 3: Row for the Cure @ Poughkeepsie (HS only)
- June 10: B/C champs @ Philly (rowers born after 2002)
When is the deadline to sign up for the Fall season?
Who can sign up?
- Shaker Junior and Senior High School Students in grade 7 through 12.
What do I wear?
- Athletes are expected to wear or bring proper training clothes, including sneakers.
- Athletes should be changed and ready to work out by 4:00pm.
What do I need to know about the program and practice?
- Bring water - stay hydrated!